About Ice Fish Fest
Ice Fish Fest was created to start a family wintertime event for Sioux Falls at Catfish Bay. It is one of the few times each year that Catfish Bay is open to the public for Fishing. The proceeds help raise money for the volunteer Catfish Bay Water Ski Team and Camp OnAqua. We plan to make this an annual family event that could grow into one of South Dakota’s largest ice fishing tournaments and draw participants from miles around. All holes are pre-drilled so all you need to bring is a fishing pole, warm clothes and a plan to have fun.
Gates Open and Concessions Available at 9 AM
- New for 2014-Prizes for Largest Bluegill and Crappie.
- New for 2014 -More weigh stations
- New for 2014-We will drill additional holes in your shelter based upon the number of tickets held by your group and staff availability
- Catfish Bay has been privately stocked with Walleye, Bass, Blue Gill, & Crappie.
- Several hundred 14” to 18” Walleye were stocked in the spring of 2012
- Several hundred 12” Crappie & Large Mouth Bass were stocked in the spring of 2012
- Ice Fish Fest is one of the few times Catfish Bay is open to the public for fishing
- Catfish Bay is a man made private lake with over 20 acres of water.
- Proceeds for the contest help the volunteer Catfish Bay Water Ski Team buy equipment, produce shows, maintain the park and develop youth programs like Camp OnAqua
- Catfish Bay opened in 1992 and is home to the Greatest Show on H2O
- Catfish Bay is home to Camp OnAqua, the areas only water based youth camp
- There are Walleye over 20”, Blue Gills over 1 pound and Bass over 5 pounds at Catfish Bay
Billy Bobs World Famous Chilly
Uncle Freds BBQs
Catfish Bay Dogs
Coffee & Hot Chocolate
Pop, Water, Milk & Juice
Chips, Cookies & Other Snacks