About Ice Fish Fest
Ice Fish Fest was created to start a family wintertime event for Sioux Falls at Catfish Bay. It is one of the few times each year that Catfish Bay is open to the public for Fishing. The proceeds help raise money for the volunteer Catfish Bay Water Ski Team and Camp OnAqua. We plan to make this an annual family event that could grow into one of South Dakota’s largest ice fishing tournaments and draw participants from miles around. All holes are pre-drilled so all you need to bring is a fishing pole, warm clothes and a plan to have fun.
Gates Open and Concessions Available @10:30AM
- New for 2014-Later Start Time
- New for 2014 -Door prizes during tournament
- New for 2014-More Porta Potties
- Catfish Bay has been privately stocked with Walleye, Bass, Blue Gill, & Crappie.
- Several hundred 14” to 18” Walleye have been stocked
- Several hundred 12” Crappie & Large Mouth Bass have been stocked
- Ice Fish Fest is one of the few times Catfish Bay is open to the public for fishing
- Catfish Bay is a man made private lake with over 20 acres of water.
- Proceeds for the contest help the volunteer Catfish Bay Water Ski Team buy equipment, produce shows, maintain the park and develop youth programs like Camp OnAqua
- Catfish Bay opened in 1992 and is home to the Greatest Show on H2O
- Catfish Bay is home to Camp OnAqua, the areas only water based youth camp
- There are Walleye over 20”, Blue Gills over 1 pound and Bass over 4 pounds at Catfish Bay
Hot Ham Sandwiches
Coffee & Hot Chocolate
Pop, Water & Juice
& Other Snacks