1. You are required to have fun at the tournament.
2. The Tournament is scheduled for Saturday January 28, 2017 from 1:00 pm until 4:00 pm on Catfish Bay.
3. Gates will open and registration will begin at 10:30 am. No access is allowed into the fishing area prior to 12:00 pm. on the day of the tournament.
4. Each person will be allowed to fish one hole per ticket. Each person can purchase up to 2 tickets and fish up to 2 different holes at the same time.
5. The youth tournament is limited to youth 12 years old and younger. Youth ticket holders are only eligible for youth prizes. Youth can participate in the Open Tournament if they purchase an Open Tournament ticket. There is no age requirement for Open Tournament participation. A youth must purchase either a Youth or an Open Ticket but cannot purchase both types.
6. Portable hand pulled shelters will be allowed for tournament use. Shelters can be moved into place and set up from 12 pm to 1 pm. Shelters must be open to inspection at any time and can only be placed on a hole provided for the contest. No personal ice augers are allowed.
7. Additional holes, inside shelters, can be drilled by Ice Fish Fest staff . Drilling additional holes will be based upon the number of tickets held by the group and staff availability.
8. No contestant will be eligible for more than one competition prize. You may weigh in as many fish as you want, but only the heaviest fish per contestant will be qualified for a competition prize. Contestants can also register the largest pan fish in our special pan fish category.
9. No refunds will be given except if the tournament is canceled in advance due to unsafe ice conditions.
10. Should extreme weather cause cancellation of the tournament will be held the following Saturday at the same time and same place. Cancellation due to weather will be decided at the discretion of tournament officials. If weather prevents the tournament on the following Saturday a drawing for all the prizes will be held at 1 pm on the following Saturday at Catfish Bay. Drawing winners will be notified via email where the prizes can be picked up. If the tournament is canceled in advance due to unsafe ice conditions registration money will be refunded and no drawing will be held.
11. All minnows must be purchased at Catfish Bay the day of the tournament. Catfish Bay cannot have unwanted fish enter the lake. Only minnows purchased at Catfish Bay are to be used in the tournament. Please bring a minnow bucket if you plan on purchasing minnows.
12. Contestants are encouraged to bring a 5 gallon bucket to transport the fish you catch from your hole to the weigh in station to help keep fish alive. All fish must be alive to qualify for a prize.
13. A contestant may reserve no more than two (2) holes no earlier than 12 pm. You must have a ticket for each hole you reserve. Holes can be reserved by placing your equipment next to a hole.
14. Contestants will be allowed to move to any unoccupied holes during the contest. You are allowed to bring as many poles as desired, but cannot use more than one pole per hole at a time. Contestants must use holes provided for the contest and cannot drill their own holes.
15. Contestants must fish in the areas designated for the contest and will be required to have their tickets visible at all times. Ticket checks, as well as container inspections will be performed.
16. Tournament prize winners are determined by the largest weight and time registered. In the event of a tie, the first fish registered takes priority. Any game species/size fish is eligible to win a prize. Rough fish, if caught, like carp or bullheads are not eligible but should be turned into tournament officials for proper disposal.
17. All fish must be registered by the person that caught them. You MAY NOT give a fish to another contestant to register. Exceptions will be made prior to the start of the tournament for handicap and elderly participants.
18. All fish must be alive in a bucket of water and be brought to the Judges stand immediately after caught. Dead or frozen fish are ineligible. Judges shall have the right to verify that the fish was legally caught. The decision of the judge is final. In the event deception is detected, the contestant's prize will go directly to charity.
19. Contestants are responsible for verification of the weight of the fish at the time of weigh-in. All weigh-in tickets must be certified by a tournament official.
20. All fish must be caught and on the way to the Judges stand by 4:00 p.m.
21. Fishing licenses ARE NOT required to participate in Ice Fish Fest. Catfish Bay is licensed by the South Dakota Game Fish and Parks as a "Private Fee Fishing Facility".
22. All fish caught will be immediately released back into the lake after they are weighed.
23. Contestants are responsible for their own safety, actions, and property at all times.
24. Prizes are the responsibility of the winners. Licensing, taxes, registration, transportation, and all incidental or sequential expenses incurred are the responsibility of the participants. Any prizes not claimed within 14 days of the Ice Fish Fest will be forfeited.
25. Contestants are not allowed to use motorized vehicles on the lake
26. Contestants are required to park in the areas provided.
27. Coolers and large containers are all subject to inspection upon check in. No glass containers are allowed at Catfish Bay and will be confiscated by, and forfeited to tournament officials.
28. The use of ice augers is not allowed. Heaters, chairs, bait pails, underwater cameras, depth finders and other typical ice fishing electronics are allowed. Small chisels are recommended as holes are drilled the day before. Weighted lines without hooks can be used to check depth prior to 12:45 pm
29. Failure to comply with any of the contest rules subjects the contestants to disqualification & removal from the competition site, as determined by contest officials. Right to refuse or revoke a competition ticket to anyone is hereby reserved to tournament officials.
30. All contestants and others hereby consent to the use of any photographs or likeness of themselves to be used in the promotion of our contest, including but not limited to print, radio, television, etc.
31. The volunteers of Ice Fish Fest and Catfish Bay thank you for supporting our efforts to protect the environment and request that you remove your garbage, including cigarette butts, from the ice when you leave. Waste containers are provided
January 27, 2018